View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Steely

Australia is the driest continent on Earth melki.

The northern parts are typically warm or very hot, while down south it is cooler, with more rain. Central Australia is desert.

Parts of NSW and Queensland are in drought.

The Northern Territory has "the wet season" with tropical rain, and where a lot of the crocs live. After "the wet", weather returns to the dry. Lots and lots of different patterns melki, but definitely not super rainy, whatsoever.

Australia is a big continent with great variations in the weather. Sometimes it pisses down rain, other times hot as the Hobbs of hell. I'm no meteorologist, but that's the best I can do it given the state of my tired brain.

In Sydney, where I live, it is usually very hot in Summer with the Winter bringing (usually) a lot of rain. Central Australia is desert.

Overall, we have a diverse pattern of weather. But no, not a lot of rain in any real sense. Dry and hot really.

My experience of the weather in Australia is one of beautifully hot Summers at the beach, with the Winter being cold, windy and rainy.

Living in the city makes it easy to forget the farmers undergoing drought and how they are the very people who grow our food. Similar, but not nearso hard as I imagine your "Dust Bowl"..... only things that I have read in books or heard in song.

Central Australia is desert. Big Aboriginal Land.

I love the rain too. Listening to it, and feeling its touch. It is comforting. Nothing like the sound of rain on a tin roof. Lousy when washing is hanging on the line......which happened to me last night.

Boy, am I ever sick of that Johhny Depp d/head and his girlfriend. He's milking his stupid dog story for all its (not) worth. It's important to have good quarantine laws, and something that Johnny Depp should understand. Johnny who?

Good to hear from you melki and hope everything is going OK. I' m so tired from big day and about to collapse on lounge. Singing in the rain.

Last edited by Steely; 05-26-2016 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Tidy up