View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
glitterdeva

Originally Posted by Queenbee7 View Post
My husband was out of jail for one week when he left to go to a job interview, he gave me a big hug and told me he would be home early since we had church plans that evening. By the time dinner rolled around I knew. I didn't want to believe it, but i knew in my gut what was happening.
I had stupidly rented him a car, he had asked and asked me to do that for him so he could run errands and look for work and arrange for a sober living program. I couldn't understand why we couldn't run those errands together in our family car, but hey since this was our "fresh start" at a new happy life together I agreed to rent it. He had spent his 47 days in jail calling me, flooding my mail box with love letters, and promising, promising, promising me that the past was the past and our future together would be amazing, healthy, no more lies and of course no more drugs.
So I stopped the divorce proceedings. Our marriage had only lasted two months before I had to kick him out and up until he was arrested he was living in his car smoking crack.
Anyways the time he spent in jail was actually a wonderful time for our marriage. Sounds strange huh? But he called me every other day and we had wonderful conversations and sent love letters back and forth. Both of us dreamed of a beautiful future together. He sounded like the man I fell in love with and married.
Now fast forward to a week after he left and the hours tick by but my husband doesn't return home. Our kids start to ask those questions I HATE about where dad is?! The sad thing is I convinced my kids that they could love and trust him again cause things were going to be different this time. And as kids do they opened their little hearts and breathed easy that dad was back for good.
Next morning with still no word from my H, I went about running my errands in town and thought I spotted the rental car he took and actually did a high speed chase after it. Boy was I proud of myself when I caught up to it only to discover it was two old ladies. Oh man I thought what am I doing? Finally he texted me to tell me where I could find the car. And of course there was evidence of him doing drugs in it.
Oh and the worst part of this situation is my H was released with an ankle monitor and he cut it off that night and threw it in a dumpster. He is still currently on the run. It's been 6 days. He had a home and wife and family. He had a new job opportunity and the sober living program called that same night he never returned and left a message with me that offered him a bed. He called me since being on the run and claimed it was a police conspiracy against him. ( He has always had major delusions) But I changed my telephone number and refuse to go deeper down this dark road with him. Tell me why does crack always WIN?
Because he made a choice to do it and thought he can probably just do some and get away with it. It makes no sense, so don't try to make sense out of it. My soon to be ex husband spent 2 years in jail, also calling and writing regularly, how different everything will be, our new life, blah, blah, blah. 3 days after he was out and had 2 years clean, he stole from me for his heroin. 2 months ago he got a new job, very good job, better job than he had before, more money and it's right across our house, you can almost walk there. He had this job for 3 days or so, went to work, kissed me, said he loved me and will see me in a couple of hours when he is going to come for lunch. I had exams (online), made him lunch and when he didn't come, I also knew He went on a crack/heroin binge, with some prostitute and some other ppl. Very nasty. I filed for divorce, that was that for me.

We spoke 2 times since I filed, both very unpleasant, but he said that he thought he can just go and do "a little bit" and come back for lunch. It's crazy. Addiction is crazy I am sorry you are going through this