View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
whiteturtle

I want to thank everyone, so much, for your encouragement and thoughts and empathy. It is amazing how beyond helpful it is to have a community like this, and all of you.

Well, I made it through Day 2. I ended up going to bed at about 7pm, and just kept sleeping. It's 1am now, so I'm just having some water and a snack, and then I think I'll head right back to bed. I am not sure how I made it through last night...I was so sure I just needed to drink. I can't thank you all enough. Speaking of, purplepeople, good job getting through this, too...I think we dealt with a similar fight today.

Simplicity, I completely understand about the instant gratification. It's not even so much that I'm not willing to put in the work, but fast forwarding to everything being just fine sounds so much better, haha. I just keep telling myself, those with months or years of sobriety built from scratch, too, so every day is a victory like it's the 1000th day.

Goodnight to all (good morning to those on the other side)! I feel very lucky, and very grateful, to have you all.