Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamaof3boyz

Update

Yesterday afternoon I had quite the surprise. DCF came to our home because an anonymous person reported my husband for leaving my boys in the car while he went inside a kava bar to get his kava drink. A policeman and social worker came to our home and interviewed my husband and my 2 youngest children. As the officer was asking questions my husband continued his lying. He made the officer believe he is in recovery, that he hadn't used in 20 years and that he has a sponsor AND attends meetings. All are lies but I couldn't say anything. He also denied having the boys with him while he went into the Kava bar for his drink. If you don't know what Kava or Kratom is, please Google it. It's basically a legal high.
DCF ordered a drug test which he did today. I don't believe kava or kratom is tested on a typical ua. If they detect any type of drug he will go to an IOP which he is complaining about.
He has cried, apologized and of course is trying to get sympathy. Says he is such a **** up and is so embarrassed. He said he didn't tell me about his kava drinking because it wasn't a "big deal". Huh, I find this interesting especially when anyone in recovery will tell you drinking this stuff is a relapse.
He spoke to his oldest son (My step son) basically asked son to lie about his father's sobriety and say he didnt relapse last year. Says- No one needs to know. He also asked son not to tell his mother about it. OK he is 17 but if that were my kid and DCF was going to interview my son I have the right to know.... but of course he is hiding it.
So now the cat is out of the bag...
Not sure what will happen next but I'm ready to jump ship.