Old 05-23-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Time2Rise

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
Yes.

I went out for Mexican last week. I was meeting with my sponsee. I sat down and moved the drink menu out of the way. The waitress came over, pulled the drink menu to the middle of the table and opened it and said "Here's our drink menu!" Duh. I can see that. I closed it and when she came back she said "Can I start you off with a margarita?" Literally the SAME thing happened to my sponsee when she showed up at the table 10 min later. Sponsee sat down, waitress pulled drink menu to center, opened it, pointed and said "here's our drink menu!" We again placed the drink menu in the corner of the table. Waitress returned and offered us margaritas again. I KNOW restaurants make all their $$ from booze. But is IS VERY annoying!
I usually just say right away that I (or we if that's the case) won't be ordering alcohol today. That's always worked for me. If it happens too much, you may want to mention it to the manager. Some wait staff will upsell items so their tip is bigger--especially alcohol because it's expensive--and I understand that. However, I'm very intolerant of any wait staff who is too pushy in their attempts to squeeze out a bigger tip.