Old 05-23-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Andante

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
I know, I attended Mass yesterday and 3/4 of the way through, the Priest started drinking wine. I couldn't believe it. Later, while reading a few Bible passages, I kept coming across more references to alcohol in the form of wine. Jesus himself turned water into wine at a wedding, and he was underage. Unbelievable. I was an emotional basket case by that point, so I thought a little secular philosophy might calm me down. So I grabbed Plato's Symposium off the shelf and guess what? Even more mentions of wine!!

I was afraid to go back any further in history because I know that alcohol was prevalent and an important part of almost every ancient culture known to man (Babylon, China, Egypt, Persia, India). Sigh, I just can't get away from the stuff.
Whoa… you mean to tell me that both the Church and the Greek Philosophers are in on this evil plot hatched just overnight by the greedy alcohol merchants and the soulless advertising hacks of Madison Avenue in a conspiracy to keep the poor downtrodden innocent masses intoxicated and thus defenseless to the nefarious plans of their evil power-mad multinational corporate masters? What’s the world coming to?