View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
fini

Originally Posted by oasis101 View Post
I had a near beer yesterday and it actually helped me out of a day of really bad cravings. I was so sick of coke (sugar)....one more soda was going to put me over the edge. Having something different without the guilt was nice.

After I felt fine and today I have no cravings or interest. The board comments make me feel guilty, but in all honesty it got me through a really hard day. I rarely have strong cravings, this was a first in 6 months....so my thought is it might be okay, but definitely not often and never more than one on occasion. I think if you keep ordering more or even buy a six pack it is definitely leading down the wrong road, one with your wife on your anniversary while she has a glass of wine...for me that was okay.
oasis, i quote your post in full because i see so many flags.
the flags i see are in your approach to the substance/the drinking of it: "after i felt fine...no interest...comments make me feel guilty...it might be okay....definitely not often and never more than one on occasion....if more [ ]it is definitely leading down the wrong road..."

see, you're cautioning yourself. thinking about limits: how much is okay, how much is too much, when is it okay, how often, ...you're circumscribing the thing in just the way i tried to control my drinking.
if you were to substitute water, seltzer, soda in your post instead of LA beer, your post wouldn't hold together. it would be nonsensical. superfluous.which is exactly where the big flag sits: because it's not irrelevant.