View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

Originally Posted by Aquatundra View Post
Im curuous who developed IBS and what your symptoms and story is...
Okay, we're all adults here so I'll give it to you straight about my (ahem) "digestion issues" when I was drinking alcoholically every night.

I had diarrhea three to five times a day. It felt like what I ate went right through my body in 20 minutes. It was ugly. Some days were worse than others. I would go and then have to go an hour later and an hour later. It only stopped when my body felt completely empty.

It would come on suddenly. The "Oh no, I have to go now" feeling. It would happen at work, when I was on the freeway with no exits, at malls, in airports. I had a very real fear that I would crap myself in public. Did I mention I was in my 20's at the time? There were times I nearly crapped myself in public. At work I even left my work station unattended to run to the bathroom. It was that sudden. This was a big "no no" at my work. I could have gotten in serious trouble. Thank goodness nobody noticed.

Checking the toilet for blood became a daily habit for me. My insides hurt so much I wondered how could there not be? I don't believe I ever saw any. Sometimes it was clay colored which scared me terribly. Did it make me stop? Of course not. I figured I'd start taking more vitamins. And I did.

Can I get a drum roll please?

When I stopped drinking alcohol every problem with my bowels went away. Completely. I am now completely "regular."

Well there you have it folks. Another miracle story of a very serious health problem that went away like poof when I stopped drinking alcohol.