Old 05-21-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Priya5

It's too much even when you're not seeing it through the lens of an alcoholic. I can take or leave alcohol. I enjoy cocktails when away on vacation and the very occasional cold one on a hot summer's day, but I'm really just as happy with my usual drink of sparking mineral water! Why am I here do I hear you say? �� My husband is an alcoholic. We have been together 8 years, married 6 months. Prior to retirement, I worked in mental health, sometimes with alcoholics. Therefore, I suppose I don't look at our culture's celebration of alcohol without being sensitive to the issues, but as a very light drinker, I do feel that it is pushed at me. Illegal drugs (despite common belief) are not pushed, but alcohol is! In the UK when I was young and into partying (I'm just coming up to 57), we just went out and drank when we got there. For the past 20 years, pre-loading (where friends get pretty pissed/buzzed at home before going out) is the norm in the UK! When they get out, young adults have already drank the equivalent of at least a half bottle of Vodka, then they carry on. We are actually seeing severe liver damage in people in their 20s!

Cannabis is so much safer than Alcohol and the traditional stuff's (not the skunk) only problem is the potential for psychological dependance in a small number of people. Yet alcohol is such a dangerious drug that it wouldn't be legalised if discovered now, but the multinational, multi-billion pound alcohol industry have our Governments sown-up. Like the Tabacco companies before them, they will have their way due to the mighty pound/dollar. ��