View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Bluejay71

I just sent an email to my Aunt and Uncle who occasionally come for dinner, bringing with them a bottle of wine that we always share together. In the past I have had a week or two sober and then when they come I am too embarrassed to say anything about my alcoholism and so just give up my sobriety and share the wine.

They come for dinner tomorrow night. Yesterday I finally had the courage to give sobriety another honest go - I knew I had to do something about not allowing any alcohol in my home at this point. So I just sent them an email simply stating that I am dealing with an alcohol issue and am abstaining so please don't bring any wine to dinner. That was actually really hard to do and something I would have never been willing to do in the past. My relationship with my Aunt and Uncle is still quite new and we don't really get into personal stuff, so I felt really embarrassed to have to share this part of my life with them but if I didn't I would have been drinking wine with them tomorrow night. And I am almost through day 2 so I don't want to give that up (again).

Don't want to be in this prison anymore.

Blue