View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
OldTomato

Thanks guys, I'm okay now - just had a brief freak out. I was so used to dealing with anxiety by drinking, if I can get through this week sober then the next stressful event will be easier. Drinking is NOT an option.
I spoke to a friend yesterday and told her I was craving because I'm stressed out. She told me that I wouldn't be able to have one drink and I'd go back to getting blackout drunk. I'd mess up my work induction and college interview. Then I'd feel depressed because I've got alcohol back in my system and I'll think I'm useless because I can't even stay sober for something I really want. THEN I'll go back to being a drunk because that's what I'm comfortable with. Harsh but true!

Lee - Sounds like it was the best decision to cancel on the concert if driving is an issue right now. Stay safe.

jobei - Drinking dreams are the worst! I wake up feeling so guilty until I figure out that I haven't actually had anything to drink.

OOTT - That's good news OOTT, I'm so relieved for you. Well done for not drinking on it, our pets are like family.

360 - Congrats on Day 100!

ICDB - Doesn't sound like you're getting complacent to me. I kind of know what you mean though, I'm worried that I'll get a craving and be in a position to act on it before giving myself chance to think things through.

Sadie - Any other ways you can volunteer with animals without it being so heartbreaking?

AJ - I'm glad your daughter liked her present. You're sounding great.

Dee - You're right, it's scary and I'm bound to be anxious but I have to face 'the edge'. Drinking didn't work for me before and it won't work for me again.

Sansa - Deal! We're staying sober through GOT. That last episode though!

PHRD - Yeah, putting the pieces together is stressful but once we make it through this stage we'll be better for it. Definitely take your own advice, I hope you found a good book!