View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Hope everyone's well.

Mike, my sister and her husband are INFJs, and they're two of my favourite, most-loved people in the world. Of course I love all my family, but we three happen to do a lot of stuff together, like going on holidays and out for dinner together, running road races and silly crazy stuff you do with people who know you through and through. They're both extremely pragmatic but very sincere and caring people. I never feel like the third wheel when I've with them, as I sometimes do with other couples.

Now, I'm going to be straight up here. I'm in a funny headspace at the moment. I skipped the gym today and came directly home from work, which since I've been sober has been a rare occurrence for me. I've got stuff going on in my head and I'm processing it. It's been churning for about 2 weeks now and I'm not sure where it's going to come out.

It has something to do with the weekend I stopped drinking. There's a thread in the Alcoholism forum asking about the last drink you've had and I keep writing my story there and then changing my mind and deleting it. Done that about 3 times now. Might finally do it tonight or the next couple of days.

It's complicated. It has to do with the fella I broke up with the last weekend I drank. I told myself I'd stay away from him for 6 months, but I made it to five. Staying away from alcohol is one thing, staying away from the one you love is another. But, that's a whole other story - I'm not even sure I should put it all out here, but I'll put out this much for now. I didn't really want to, but I have the strong feeling it's going to be part of my recovery.

Well, for a change of topic, here's a picture of the charcoal drawing I did at the art class.

I kind of like it. Hope sleepie appreciates it too!

Steely... how was the lecture ...?