View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

behindblueeyes....first...congratulations o n your recovery and refusal to let this derail you from taking care of your sobriety FIRST.....

If you are in need of a recovery group (besides us..lol!)...the largest support group in the world is AA....
I strongly suggest that you also think of becoming involved in Adult Children of Alcoholics....they will know exactly what you are dealing with because they were raised by alcoholics, also....

I understand that you love your parents....but, sometimes families can hurt us so much that we have to love them from a distance....and, that is o.k.
It is not disrespectful....you are not trying to hurt them---you are exercising your God-given right to protect yourself. You are one of ;God's children ---a child of the Universe and as such you are supposed to care for yourself just as you would care for any other creature of the Universe.....

I, also, agree that you should be absolutely iron clad about not allowing your recovery to be discussed with you by your family. That is called drawing a boundary.
You cannot look to them as your support group...they can't do it...;and, you can find better support from others...

Please don't beat yourself up over this......
Remember the Serenity Prayer!

dandylion