View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Relationship breaking down

Girlfriend stayed at her mums for the week, came back, we went to a gig and then the next day she tells me she wants me to leave.

I joint own the house with her and I don't want to leave, it is her who has the issues with me. She has said I'm selfish and I don't go anywhere with her. I have said that I will make more of an effort but as far as things go, I haven't really done much else wrong.

I quit drinking to help improve things and it is not enough.

She is saying she wish she'd never met me and that she doesn't love me. It's like she's trying to drive me out of the house.

When my daughters mum and I broke up around 7 years ago I got told to leave the house then. This situation is bringing back painful memories of that and it feels history is repeating itself.

She has asked for space, I gave her it, she said I didn't try to get in touch when she was at her mums but she asked for space so I left her to it.

Although my daughter does not live with me and she pops up on the occasional Saturday to my house, we do spend most of the time out and about and with my family too. I really don't want her unsettled and having more uncertainty. It is my role to provide stability and having the house helps this.

I don't really know what to do guys, it seems more like her issue than mine