Thread: Ugh why?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Well... it did take years for me to get to a point where sobriety is starting to stick.

As far as action and change, I may be wrong but being assessed for hours for a very likely learning disorder that I have lived with undiagnosed... that's no small thing to face. And I am facing that alone, IRL.

It's no small thing. I think it's a rather big issue to look in the face early in sobriety, or heck- ever. It is quite a thing to take in and I don't expect anyone who hasn't gone through it to understand. But just have some respect for what I have done, is all I ask.

Because I assure you, there is nothing soft or easy about living your life with an unaddressed, undiagnosed learning disorder, a tic disorder, anxiety disorder, trichotillomania and 2 decades worth of abuse... and then going No Contact with abusive family.
Keep in mind sleepie at least for me anyhow When i sobered up life slapped me friggen senseless with reality. All the crap was all there before i sobered up but i never had to face it. soon as i sobered up it was like WACK! it basicly brought me to my knees and at times face down on the matt where i'd have to take a rest and then get the heck back up and keep swinging which i guess was better then simply going back out and getting drunk.

I think what your dealing with is like that dose of reality smacken you upside the face and I dunno about you but for me going into sobriety i had NO IDEA that was going to happen. I was totally unprepared for it not that it would've even mattered.

But you post here and thankfully theres people on this board that are gonna tell yeah. this is crap sometimes but you'll get through it its part of the process is all.