Thread: ummmm hello :)
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
pedagogue

EEEK! I'm glad you found your way over here.

Medication isn't an exact science (right out of the bottle). It might take some time to find the right combination and dosage amount. Typical anti-depressants take 4-6 weeks to normalize in your body. Initally you might have 'felt' it (a mix of physiolocigal and psychological effects), but it will take awhile to level out.

Stress can sometimes trigger underlying feelings and that can raise anxiety levels and make everyday life seems like an uphill battle. Thankfully....this doesn't have to be a permenant thing.

I can't speak for where you are at right now...but I think a pharma solution will only get you part of the way there. Sometimes some brief therapy can go a long way. Many times people hit 'bumps' in the road. You usually can get yourself out of the funk....but sometimes being able to sit down with someone can make it shorter and less painful than if you went at it alone.

Take some time to read the forum (and check out some of the other forums) There are some great people here. Check our Mark Sichel's forum for some great advice.

If you have any questions,etc....please feel free to post them or PM any of the mods.

-pedagogue