View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by hellrzr View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobriety
"Sobriety is the condition of not having any measurable levels or effects from mood-altering drugs." Alcohol is a mood altering drug.

Pretty clear. This is how everyone I know in AA defines sobriety. Those who don't are not successful in staying sober.

I spoke with my sponsor about this concept of being able to call yourself sober if you are doing everything under the sun to get high but drinking alcohol. He told me to get off the computer and get to an AA meeting where I can be around those who live in the AA solution.
You can't be serious! I asked you where in AA (literature), and you quote Wikipedia.......................?

I'm sorry your sponsor said that; she should have told you to check out AA (.org; intergroup; its literature).

I don't care what a person chooses to believe, but when they put forth their beliefs/opinions as AA fact (which they aren't), I take exception.

You believe the definition of sobriety is abstinence from all mind altering substances.

AA actually says.............: Sobriety--freedom from alcohol--is the sole purpose of an AA group.

You believe that taking it one day at a time and is a main theme in AA.

One day at a time is NOT a main theme of AA; AA does NOT say this.
AA does say.............: if you really and truly want to quit drinking
liquor for good and all...

I recovered by what the BB says, not someone's interpretation of it; to read the black on the white; BB in one hand and a dictionary in the other..............simple

(o: