View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
LOLOL........You do NOT remember correctly. In a previous thread you posted your opinions regarding abstinence from 'all mind altering substances' as being AA, and I posted what AA had to say (AA has to do with alcohol and nothing more)............BIG difference...

One of my first lessons in recovery was to try to validate whatever I heard in meetings, or from any other AAer's, with AA literature. I suggested this to you back in April; it would appear you haven't taken my suggestion.......I prefer recovery from the BB; you seem to want to go by what folks say, even if not validated by AA literature. Be very careful with that; there's a lot of crap being spewed as AA which isn't even close

(o:
I hear ya on that! Lots of crazy talk in AA to watch out for. Like people who smoke dope or do other drugs and say it's ok because it doesn't specifically say you can't do those things in the Big Book, even though doing those things means you aren't sober. People use everything they can to justify their actions. It's a crazy disease to say the least.