View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
How can you say that you follow the BB, and then say you don't drink...'n btw all my recovered friends have at least 30 years, which I will have achieved next month. ...also, '...or using any mind altering substances...' is definitely NOT AA. I guess we know different BB folks, or our definitions of hardcore different. You say you're going to stick with that method of the Big Book, that is NOT the method of the BB.........go back and check; 'one day at a time' is NOT mentioned in the BB; '...if you want to want drinking for good' is.

I quit 'for good and all' (that's for good, or forever) in June of 1986; no thinking about drinking or not drinking (one day at a time); that would have been a miserable life......

(o:

P.S. "...The most hard core Big Book folks I know always tell the newbies to take it one day at a time and it gets better one day at a time?..." Yes, we tell newcomers this in the beginning to get through rough patches, but we never tell them they'll need to do this for the rest of their lives.
I don't know any successful members of AA telling people they can smoke dope for do any drugs to get high and call themselves sober. If I remember correctly, you think that behavior is acceptable to do and still consider yourself sober. That really tells me all I need to know right there. Have a great day NoelleR. I'm going to live this day like all the rest, without any mind altering substances like everyone else I know who follows the program of AA. : ).