View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by hellrzr View Post
I've also followed the Big Book and the advice of those with 30+ years of sobriety to stop drinking, or using any mind altering substances and to make my life better. I, like they, wake up each day and live life one day at a time.... I see that work out in the meetings as people hang around and follow the program so I'm going to stick with that method of the Big Book.
How can you say that you follow the BB, and then say you don't drink...'n btw all my recovered friends have at least 30 years, which I will have achieved next month. ...also, '...or using any mind altering substances...' is definitely NOT AA. I guess we know different BB folks, or our definitions of hardcore different. You say you're going to stick with that method of the Big Book, that is NOT the method of the BB.........go back and check; 'one day at a time' is NOT mentioned in the BB; '...if you want to want drinking for good' is.

I quit 'for good and all' (that's for good, or forever) in June of 1986; no thinking about drinking or not drinking (one day at a time); that would have been a miserable life......

(o:

P.S. "...The most hard core Big Book folks I know always tell the newbies to take it one day at a time and it gets better one day at a time?..." Yes, we tell newcomers this in the beginning to get through rough patches, but we never tell them they'll need to do this for the rest of their lives.