View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
hellrzr
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
1) I don't believe that AA should be different, anywhere; I believe it should follow the BB; which, as I said earlier, nowhere does it say anything like 'one day at a time;' it say we quit drinking for good.

2) I certainly greet each new day---one day at a time; if I thought I'd have to greet each day with something like 'I will not drink today,' or 'no xxxxxxxx today'.......my life would seem like a life sentence.

3) If I had to live my life not drinking 'one day at a time,' I would be miserable, but since I've recovered via the BB, there's not a chance with that.

(o:
I've also followed the Big Book and the advice of those with 30+ years of sobriety to stop drinking, or using any mind altering substances and to make my life better. I, like they, wake up each day and live life one day at a time. I can't live two days at a time so I do each one as it comes along and for close to 4 years the thought of drinking has not been involved with any of those days. My mindset is that I will never drink again but that still involves taking each day as it comes. The thought of drinking is just something I don't deal with, I don't think about because it's not an option for me but that is still taking things one day at a time just like everything in life. That all happened to me after I did a 4th and 5th step. The thought of drinking and that obsession completely left me. The most hard core Big Book folks I know always tell the newbies to take it one day at a time and it gets better. I see that work out in the meetings as people hang around and follow the program so I'm going to stick with that method of the Big Book.