Thread: First Sponsee
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bunny211

First Sponsee

A young girl from my home group (Big Book Step Study) called me and asked me to sponsor her last night and I accepted. I'm at just about a year sober and this is my first sponsee. I am excited, but also nervous. I made plans to meet with her on Friday for coffee....to get to know each other. I had to make a list of what to say to her/ask of her so I don't go all stupid and talk about the weather. It's exciting but also nerve racking to think that someone has placed their trust in me to guide them through this process. I had a long talk with my sponsor about sponsorship and how to go about it. I also saved my notebook from steps 1-3 (all my notes, writings, and assignments) so that I can refer to that when I give her work to complete.

I've just been hired to save someone's life. I must be doing something right for her to ask me, but I also cannot get cocky and rest on my laurels!

I am praying and asking God to guide my head and my heart so that I can be of maximum usefulness to this young woman in her journey to wellness.

Happy Friday all!