View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

That percentage kind of surprises me, but it does show that this isn't easy. Speaking to alcohol alone, society actively encourages drinking if the alcoholic is still functioning, and by the time alcoholism has progressed beyond that, it gets harder to quit. I had a friend ask me yesterday if I was still "off the turps" - delightful Aussie slang expression for not drinking - although he knows I intend for this to be permanent. And I'd count him as supportive.

I'm looking at a clear day today, appointment wise, so it'll be one where I can catch up on some work and sort the desk some more. I like to think I'm adaptable and open to change but I like my routine a lot. Even a short time away throws me off. I'm so happy to be back in my own space, doing my own thing, making my own plans. Sometime I wonder if there's room in my life for a Mr Perfumado .

For years now I have had brief relationships, sweet friendly ones, which suited me and which were mutually understood to be casual. But I'm not sure that's what I want now. As I mentioned last week, I had the unmistakeable longing for a more steady companion. Even if your boyfriend doesn't give you the openly emotional stuff, sleepie, it must be nice doing things like watching movies together or reading books to him, eh?

Well, as the last lovely bloke in my life used to say: it'll be fine! Have a nice day everyone.