View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
OldTomato

Thanks Dee, I'll have a read of some of them when I have a free moment.

Good idea 360.
I write down a review of my day and myself after dinner. Sometimes I don't write much, especially if I'm busy or tired. As long as I get the gist of it down. It's important to be honest. Writing it down can offer a new way of looking at a situation (e.g. did I have a role to play in something bad that happened to me?) or just means I won't have all these worries whirling round in my head when I try to sleep. It makes me less likely to drink over issues.
Going to regular meetings, and checking in on SR is also a must. I check in with the class, ask for my 24 hours on the 24 hours thread, post my day count in the count thread, and read over posts in the newcomers section. I really need to get back into the habit of posting my daily gratitude.

I picked up an application form for my course today, filled it out, and sent it off with a personal statement. Doesn't look like there'll be any issues with my getting on to the course. I'll find out soon enough I guess. Also got a phone call back from that job I went for. They gave the position to an internal candidate but are offering me another position because they really liked me. Not too sure about the other position but I'm touched that they liked me.