View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by IgresAlp View Post
Hello,

I am in a depresion, it's too difficult to recover. Now, I'm sober since October but I don't feel better. I feel guilty.

I have been a Binge drinker since I was 13. Now I'm 25 and I feel it's very difficult to me to do a lot of thing if I compare with the other people of my age. I have no libido but my testosterone is good. I think that the problem I have a brain damage or irreversible damage, and I am very afraid.

I started to drink when I was 13, not every weekend but almost. I used to drink until to feel bad. And I drank mix high drinks: vodka, whiskey, liquors..

Is that normal? Is possible that affect me for life? Are there anybody who has drink like me and now feels better.

PD: Sorry if I make mistakes in English.. I'm Spanish
I drank just like you. Got started at 13, was nearly dead at 22.

I stopped once for a few months when I was 21 after the court sent me to a mental hospital. Maybe four or five months I did not drink, and at the end of that I was so full of fear and anxiety that I could not function. I drank again.

The next time I was 22. My doctor had told me I would live no more than 6 months if I kept on. I had malnutrition, hallucinations, the works. I could barely function, actually I could not function.

I went to AA this time, and got involved in the program. That made the difference. Where sobriety was miserable before, now my life took on new meaning, and many opportunities came my way. I felt good, not crazy happy, but certain inside that I was on the right track. That was more than 36 years ago. It took only a few weeks for the changes to happen.