View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Hope all is well 360.

I barely ate while I was drinking, some days I wouldn't eat at all and just pass out. Must have really messed with me in terms of vitamins, my hair was falling out and I guess it would explain my toenail loss?

Guys, I'm having a bit of dilemma. I've been asked to be the main speaker at one of my regular meetings, but I'm not working the AA steps and don't have a sponsor. Some of the people on SR don't think I would be suitable for it. I've been feeling uncomfortable in AA for a while because of it. I'm not sure whether to decline and start attending SMART meetings. I just don't feel comfortable in AA.
I could just not mention the steps and sponsorship in my share, but a lot of AAers would see me as still being in the "what happened" stage of my recovery. Would be good to hear some of your opinions before I decide what I'm gonna do...
OT, what's the "what happened" stage? I'm curious, because that sounds like me... I'm still confused and shocked at what happened to me...I really didn't see it coming.