View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Glad you are doing better Frick. This last binge sounds like it was pretty scary, I really hope you can overcome your challenges. The way you described it, it really does sound like life or death. You were hallucinating?
Thanks Thomas. I'm glad you are feeling a little better too. Family issues can hit nerves like nothing else.

All my binges over the past 1.5 years, since I fell off after having 2 years, have been scary. And right when I think, man this can't get any worse, it does.

Yes visual disturbances. I think when one is hallucinating one is delusional as well and doesn't realize the hallucinations aren't real. Or I could have that completely wrong. I was seeing some bizarre stuff, most of it kind of interesting. But I knew it wasn't real so I just kind of watched it go by. And if I watched tv/ipad they were kind enough to leave me alone. Strange sleep on Wed night for sure. Nothing scary just very creative...kind of autumn woodsie, lord of the rings type stuff. I kept thinking "this can't really be coming from my brain. What's in this thing?". So I wasn't scared of the actual visions....but the fact that my brain was so screwed up it was doing it. If that makes any sense?

I looked briefly into why a detoxing alchie can have these kinds of visions but didn't get much more than 'they happen'. Not How they happen....