View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

I check-in on SR first thing every morning, offering help when I can or even just simple hello's or I'm listening's. This prepare me to be ready to be more likely to come here and ask for help when I need it myself. I also check back in here at least once every three or four hours unless I'm at work, and it's actually usually a lot more often than that. I don't just stick to my own little cliques here but try to always be welcoming and inclusive to newcomers.

I go to at least two AA meetings a week but usually at least four. Though I don't work the actual 12 steps, I find that the face-to-face fellowship is of the utmost importance to me, and I always hear something at meetings that I can use here and in the rest of my life. That 12th step is an amazing one. It's the difference maker in my own recovery.

I try and keep my side of the street clean in all areas of my life. If I feel like I owe someone an apology or other amends, I do so immediately. By taking immediate responsibility for my actions, I don't let those things fester in my head and build up into something bigger that might lead me to drink.