View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Don't tell me after I've been traumatized that recovering from trauma or abuse is my "journey." I would have much preferred to go on a trip to Paris.

Don't tell me that I've "battled against demons." It was never a fair fight, or a fight at all. I never had a chance. And there are no winners following a war. Everything in life is irrevocably changed, and some of the damage cannot be undone.

Don't try to fix me. The only thing that's broken is my heart, and I don't believe that anything can help me with that besides trying to work through a hellhole of feelings I didn't sign up for.

Don't accuse me of being a "victim." I didn't ask for this. Making progress according to your criteria and your schedule only reminds me of having been traumatized. I may be starving for TLC and genuine affection, but I'm tired of settling for stale breadcrumbs.

Empathize with my despair, but don't tell me that I can never heal, that I can never experience goodness in my life. Even when I'm adamant that this is the case.

If you don't have anything to say, or can't think of anything to say, then it's usually a good thing to remain silent. It helps when you just sit with me in silence. It's the ultimate act of "being there" for me.