View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberLife90

Hello. I have been sober from alcohol and Xanax since August 11th 2013. It can be done. I never thought I would get sober from them because I could not manage living a day of my life without them. While in rehab I began to relate to some of the alcoholic/addict speakers and knew that if I went back to using I would fail the same way I always did. There are some people who just can't drink or use drugs. I am the type of person who will dedicate my life to them.

I just wanted to type this to let you know that there is hope. My family had always tried to get me to go to rehab, but I was never willing to accept help. There is only so much you can do as a mother, unless you do like they do on intervention and offer a bottom line and not take part in their lives if they don't get help. On a positive note your daughter is in treatment and hopefully she stays sober. Do you know if she plans on getting into any support group after she gets out? She could also stay at a 1/2 way or a 3/4 house when she gets out too. She could do I-O-P (intensive out-patient) also.

What worked for me was the in-patient rehab. I could never have gotten sober by myself. In treatment when I would start to withdrawal I had no choice but to deal with it. I could not reach for a drink or a drug because I was in treatment. I guess I would just give your daughter all the support you can as long as she is trying to stay sober.

She can do it if she wants it!