Old 05-06-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bluebird418

update 3

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
HE is trying to paint you as a "vindictive ex who is using the PO as a way to get a leg up on custody." That doesn't mean the court or anyone else will buy it. Courts see these situations all the time. Those situations DO exist, but there's nothing here to suggest that's the case in your situation. The order prohibits him from seeing her. He's going to her school in an effort to violate the order by seeing her. Even if the prosecutor thinks that's insufficient to prove a violation (which is HIGHLY doubtful), there's clearly a good-faith basis for your report.

So tune out what he's trying to do. You KNOW he will do that. You don't have to give him more power by letting his song-and-dance dictate what YOU will do.
We lost today. He was found not guilty. Although in the moment it was devastating, I had the officer who has been consistently working with me, the DA, victim witness and everyone surrounding me telling me that its ok, and not to give up. That we will bring him in front of a judge 100 times if he has to. The judge wrestled with it, and when given the opportunity to throw the case out he didn't do so, even though he didnt find him guilty, I could tell it was a borderline call. So its on to the next. Nothing has changed, my daughter is still with me, safe and happy at home. I may have lost this battle, but the war continues.
Yesterday I finally broke down, with the stress of everything and just cried hysterically, like I could barely breathe and hyperventilating blubbering mess type crying in my boyfriends arms. I couldn't even hold myself up. But releasing the emotion I had kept bottled inside helped a lot, and I realize that I do have so much support and love surrounding me and my family.