View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ananda

Originally Posted by Doubter View Post
$4000 for a 10 day detox and im back on it. the cravings and withdrawal symptoms are back after just 6 days. 6 bloody days?
I actually kind of get this. The advise others have given is right on track. Sometimes what they do in detox doesn't really lead to a real plan...depends on the place. Some truly are just money churners ... (although the staff usually does care).

Your anger and frustration are NOT without reason. That said, in the end, YOU are the only person who can change this. Even if you were the victim of a BS program .... you are the only person who can change the direction of your life.

Hopefully you only drank a short time. I suggest you try very hard to have someone stay with you a few days to just put a bit of pressure on yourself to not drink (even if it is the mom, sister or son you hate).

After a few days .... start looking at a plan you think will work for you. It doesn't matter what it is other than it NOT be the same as what you tried before (doing the same thing expecting different results). Look at what works what doesn't and suggestions.

As my councelor told me last week .... Having a plan only works if you follow through. So make a road map and follow through. If you misstep once .... get right back on the plan.

Please take care (hug)