Thread: Lost it today
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Wow, what an insightful post on your part, it really shows that you are taking this seriously and looking objectively at where you can improve and where the holes are in your plan. It is crazy how something as simple as the weather changing can have an effect on our moods or plans. But it is real. Good for you for recognising it for what it is and coming here for help.
I agree that days are not what is important here. I hope the you have not already started drinking and can continue counting subsequent numbers, but it you have started drinking is there any way you can pour what you have out and change direction? As an alcoholic myself I know how hard that is, but it is possible.
The day before I left rehab we spoke about a slip versus a relapse. Some may disagree with this and as Anna said, it is all very personal. The psychologist explained a slip is something contained to 24 hours where within those 24 hours we become aware of the very grave mistake we are making and reach out for help despite the shame, fear or difficulty (which I see you doing here) a relapse is where you go full on, either not realising, not caring and definitely not reaching out for help or trying to stop. As for your day count, that is personal and not for me to judge or comment on.
I really hope you got through this without buying or drinking. It wasn't clear form your post what the outcome was, I hope you'll come update us.
Let us help you come up with a summer weather plan, please?