Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
finaltime

Welcome. I also do NA. I learned through hitting my bottom and being tired of being sick and tired I couldn't do it alone. What I did before never worked. I kept trying different things. I am also an opiate addict. I have not touched an opiate since Jan 22 of this year.

I chose NA because its free, fun and has changed my life. I have a sponsor. I am working the steps. I go to meetings. I have a service commitment to make coffee for my home group on Sundays.

What I am doing to keep me sober is the same things I did to use. It is so hard at the beginning, I had to crawl to get over the hump, and now i can barely walk. I am trying.

I know right now how you feel is hopeless. I totally understand. It doesn't have to be like this. The people in the rooms of NA have truly been there for me, like we can be there for you.

If I didn't have a daughter and full time job I would've went to rehab. I think spending time only focusing on recovery would have been amazing. but I couldn't. instead I went to work in the beginning, and called someone twice a day, and went to a meeting a day. 90 days. that is what is recommended.

proud of you for reaching out.