View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Well YoungHyde, I can't help thinking this is GOOD news, if you are an alcoholic of my type. At least some of the people who care about you, your boss in particular, have given you a great wake up call.

I was in the same position as you. Having tried everything from rehab, therapy, AA (rejected that quick) I continued down hill until all was lost. That included job, family, friends, money, and health. I came back to AA with malnutrition and a head full of scrambled eggs at the ripe old age of 22, with a medical opinion that I would not lve another six months.

Where is the GOOD news in that. It turned out these were the perfect circumstances for me to recover. I joined AA, a group of people (of all ages) who had recovered, and they showed me how. One big plus I had and will be for ever grateful for, one that you have too, is that my parents were willing to take me in this one last time. Having a safe home environment is a very valuable thing. When you've been on SR are while you will see how many people have to really struggle with their home environment.

The way ahead is as simple for you as it was for me. Call AA, ask someone to come over and explain it all, then get them to take you to a meeting, and thereafter, just follow suggestions.

All the best