View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Ultramarathoner

I'm easing into running again Pink. My six month training plan for my next 50k starts soon. I'm trying to get more used to the treadmill for rainy days.

We're at a different stage of the sobriety journey now. Let's keep in mind a few things from the start of our final day 1:

While we're not going through the trials of being new to this-- we were.

While we are no longer at the stage of the 'novelty' wearing off and really having to embrace the choice-- we were.

While 'forever' is no longer angst provoking-- it was.

While we're not watching Team members struggle to string a few days together-- we have.

While we're not watching Teammates disappear, we have.

While we're no longer putting in as much energy into 'not drinking' as we did into drinking-- we did.

Those remaining on our Team have weathered the early storms and are resolutely marching forward.

Reflecting on what brought us to the journey- and what we overcame in the first part of the journey can be useful in keeping us steadfastly moving forward.

But ultimately the present journey, and the one to follow will, is where the treasure lies.

Trying again to drink responsibly carries with it the risk of loosing who we are and what we've accomplished- and ultimately re-experiencing all that the newer classes are encountering now.

Let's recognize and be proud of the tremendous effort that we've put into this and send some positive thoughts to those at a different stage.