View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

Updating:

A week ago I decided I wouldn't respond to the email. I was out of town the last four days and didn't have reception, but when I returned this morning, I saw another email in my inbox.

Since we can not directly copy/paste things, I'll paraphrase his message...He said something along the lines of:

Can you please just respond with "ok I'll allow you to present your amends" or "I have no interest in you apologizing what-so-ever." He goes on to explain that his sponsor has been inquiring with him about whether or not he has tried to reach out to me and that his sponsor is encouraging him to seek making an amends with me since a lot of his "self hatred and resentment" stems from the abuse and trauma he put me through in our relationship."

I'm not in AA, but this seems to be a bit manipulative. I doubt a sponsor would insist on continuing to contact me when I've ignored him...but, again, I'm not entirely well versed on this. I feel my codependency issues rearing their head..."Maybe I should just respond and say my email is open, do I really want this responsibility on my shoulders."

Just rationalizing my thoughts and putting them down. Thanks for letting me share.