View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
21:17 EDT and another 24 for me!

Today marks 4 months in my own sobriety journey. Yes I have had a couple slips, but learned from them and it's all part of the journey. I can honestly say I have made sobriety my goal and priority since December 31, 2015. The things that I learned from the slips:

The withdrawals get harder to deal with.
The cravings return... they do go away again eventually, but no one wants that monkey on their back again.
You feel like crap both mentally and physically- and I am not talking about just withdrawals, but the mental anguish of letting yourself down, and the aching all over from abusing your body.

So I will take another 24, thank you very much, because each 24 hours sober are better than the previous.

And that's why I have regretted drinking on several occasions but I have never regretted not drinking 😉

Thank you to everyone on SR - y'all are always there and I really don't think I would be at this stage of recovery without each and every one of you.

Say strong - its worth it 💪
Vinificent,

Congratulations on an awesome 4 months of sobriety! You are growing indeed and that is what matters. Keep on ODAAT.