View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Centered3

Originally Posted by Adillac View Post
mountainmanbob has some good suggestions. What helps me: walking until I'm tired (looong walk), sleep, music, good movie, and spending time with a trusted sober alcoholic/friend. My head suddenly got crazy about 45 min ago. Scary. I'm listening to music right now. It helps when i talk with a sober friend who has known me for years and they can say the words that I can't say to myself at certain times like: Adam, you are living on grace. No need to fix a headache with a sledgehammer.
I like your idea to walk until tired. Today I listened to music, thinking I could focus on the lyrics instead of thoughts in my head. TV has been distracting, too, but I get bored with it.

I don't like calling my sponsor over the weekend to give her a break and be able to spend time with family but I plan on calling her tomorrow. I know she said that my obsessing in my mind was getting a lot better except for this one situation.

I love the idea of what your friend said to you. That's what I need; something to tell myself. I try turning to thoughts of God but it's impossible to do when the mind just won't stop.