View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Hello to all!

One of my new goals is to get back to posting here. I just read through all your recent posts. I really miss y'all! It is so comforting here, good friends are good for the soul.

I have been posting here and there on the 24-hour recovery thread. Want to recommit to consistent, daily posting.

I have so much change in my life right now. Last month one of my best friends in recovery died, she was only 32 years old and had two young sons. I was consumed with grief for several weeks, still so sad but the overwhelming depression is slowly lifting.

I do have some really wonderful things happening with my children--extreme gratitude for all the good things they are experiencing now. It has been a rough ride for them the last few years.

Unemployed now which is terrifying yet excited about the possibility of a much brighter future. Was depressed about it at first but a dear friend helped me with some job-seeking tips today so now I feel much more optimistic.

I have also had terrible insomnia lately, still struggling with loneliness at night. I have been much more social lately but at night it is still so hard for me when my children are with their Dad.

I have not been gone from here because of drinking, although I honestly I have not been completely sober this whole time either. It is difficult to admit this but I feel relieved to be able to talk about it here. I do not want to drink ever again. I need to re-group and create a stronger recovery plan, right now I am trying to keep it simple and just taking it one day at a time making sobriety my main priority. Posting here will help so I hope I can still be a part of this wonderful group. I'm thinking of also joining the April 2016 group also as a way to keep myself accountable. Interesting that you have been following that group ScooterBoo. I am angry with myself for not just staying sober before with all of your support. However, I know if I stay in that shame it will do even more harm, just need to start from here and move forward.

Grateful for each of you! xo