Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Self Esteem Building Art Project for Kids

So, as promised, I wanted to let you all know what the therapist is doing with my daughter for her self esteem building art project. They are first drawing out the left and right sides of the brain. Each side is outlined with different sorts of markers, etc. Then, in different colored strips made with construction paper, coming off the top (like hair sort of) are the things that are controlled by that side of the brain. So left would be things like accountability, responsibility, etc. On the right, creativity, artistic skills, etc. I am not sure of all of them as they just started. In a shorter strip then my child will write good attributes about herself that happen from that side of the brain.

When done, both sides will be mounted on a foam board and displayed side by side. It's a pretty neat project. On the outside of the foam board is colorful beads, etc. to make it pretty as well.

They started it last night and my daughter loved doing it. She came out all smiles. I love that her therapist sees the importance of creativity and encouraging that in my child.