View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Supervising active alchy. Advice.

I need advice...

I have a coworker that I am going to start supervising. She is an active alcoholic and has already contacted me drunk three times. Phone call twice, text once. I didn't tell our boss, since it was after hours

I'm starting to get very nervous about this. I have heard that she is very difficult to work with. When our boss asked me if I was ok with her transferring here and me supervising her, I told him that as long as she did her job I wouldn't mind. My thing is: all the horror stories are hearsay, I haven't witnessed it. I have seen her drink at work functions and as I stated, she has contacted me drunk, but I really haven't had any problems professionally with her.

I went to lunch with the lady yesterday in conversation I told her that I don't drink anymore... 2 years. She acted surprised and proud, so she knows I am a no drinker now.

How can I handle this? What should I do? Tell on her? I think I need to just let it be and let her fall on her own (if she's going to) but I'm getting really anxious about this...

How do I handle this? Nothing has happened but I forsee trouble... Hopefully not.