View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by Katetheo View Post
I haven't been here for a little while as life's been a bit busy of late but I'm sad to say I'm no further forward

My abf claimed he was stopping drinking and rather than being brave and walking away as I don't believe him I just nodded even though I was screaming inside. It's weird because when he claims he's stopping I feel even more anxious because deep down I know what's going to happen, if that makes sense.

Last night we were actually communicating and ended up talking about money and he admitted he's been drinking as much as a crate of beer (24 cans) a day. I asked how he was getting on now and he said he's managing. I asked what that meant & are you still drinking. He said no & rapidly changed the subject & walked away. To me that means he's drinking. Do you agree? The uncertainty kills me more than knowing.

One thing it's firmed up in my head is when I do go by dog is 100% coming with me & I won't feel bad for my abf for taking him. If he's on 24 cans when I'm about what will he be like when I'm gone!!! You can't have a pets best interests at heart when you're doing that. Also 2 nights ago he yelled at my dog for licking himself and called him a f*****g idiot. What?????

Feeling very sick & anxious today so just needed to talk xxxx
Well Katetheo, most of us took longer than we wanted to get out. It happens. Just keep trying to take steps in that direction. Break it down into the tiniest steps possible if you need to.

I was like you with the promises. It wasn't his Meth use that made me leave but the obviously-bad-promises that he was quitting that got me out the door. I just couldn't listen to these and then watch it all fall apart.

Big hug to you!