View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Regretoxygirl

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Do you have a doctor that knows about your addiction? I have found going an addiction counselor and a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction. I found out that I have bipolar type 2 disorder and being properly medicated helped me immensely in overcoming the depression, anxiety, and emotional roller coaster that came with being newly sober.

I am 8 months sober now and I promise you things do get better then you could ever imagine. You won't always feel so emotionally unstable and the cravings will subside and go away. I don't think about heroin at all anymore, in fact the only time I do think about it is to thank God that I am giving it my all because I NEVER want to go back.
No I've never seen a Dr too shamed of it.. I've had psych evaluations before for anxiety and what not.. Just seasonal depression and accute social anxiety. I don't like the way antidepressants make me feel and I refuse to take Xanax daily. I did for a month when I first seen a doc for it when I was maybe 19? Too many cognitive side effects days ran together. Couldn't remember things and when I told my Dr I would not be taking as directed 3 times a day and only do it as needed he cut me off completely. He was kind of a jerk to me so that was that..