View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dorsey

Hello, I am new too

It is Saturday night and I just arrived at home with my husband. I just drove my husband and I from a house warming party. I really have no choice about the driving because my husband just got his second DWI. When we pulled into the driveway we began to argue about something. Lately it is always something... I can understand why he would get frustrated with me being on him all the time about his drinking. I absolutely hate being the "annoying wife". I just feel if I do not take control he will self destruct. He actually did a year ago and admitted he needed help. I was ready, willing, and able to help him. He began to seek help in different ways but never once attended an AA meeting. I try to encourage him to go but he always had an excuse.
Well it has been a year now and he has a second DWI, and we are expecting our first child. As I write my husband has finished four beers. He makes me very sad because he tries to sneek them into the other room. ( he always thinks I am not aware of his actions). Is he sneeking them because I have caused him to behave this way? I just feel that he is going to self destruct again this summer. He is drinking more often and I am so tired of commenting about his increased consumption. I am finding that there is never a good time to talk about anything going on in our lives because he just does not want to deal with it. I am also tired of hearing that hopefully this "child" will change him. So, am I supposed to wait 3 months to see??? Thank you for reading.