View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Just be honest with your doctor, when I was truly ready to get sober I was no longer embarrassed about being a heroin addict, I wanted help too much to worry about being judged.

I have found that when you truly take getting sober seriously and do the work that it takes to get sober and be in recovery that people do not judge. I found people to be much more judging when I was actively using and refusing to help myself. I have found an amazing doctor that specializes in addiction and a substance abuse counselor. My doctor, counselor, and psychiatrist are all in the same office so it is a recovery team of doctors which all review my case and work together to help me continue to grow mentally, physically, and spiritually. I have found this is what I needed to be in recovery and to take care of my bipolar and depression issues also.

Making a recovery plan will help immensely with getting sober and staying that way. You can not be okay with drinking or not drinking..if it was an either way is okay with you thing then you wouldn't need to go get help in the first place. Please be honest with yourself and your doctor, otherwise nothing and no one will be able to help you.