Old 04-26-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Thumpalumpacus
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Regarding my previous post regarding allergy symptoms of a sore throat and hoarseness, it seems to be sporadic lately, and I'm beginning to think that it's a progression of symptoms tied to Sjogren's Syndrom, an autoimmune disorder. I was diagnosed with Aide's Pupil Eye Syndrom around 10 years ago (one pupil much larger than the other - more noticeable in direct sunlight), which was backed by lack of normal reflex testing as a child (tapping knee). The dry-eye syndrome label was added 5 years ago. The dry skin and sore throat started earlier this year. No, I'm not being paranoid in self-diagnosing, I read up about Adie's eye years ago, and that it was often tied to Sjogren's Syndrom. I'll follow-up by requesting further testing, but even with a firm diagnosis, there is no cure, only learning to live with the uncomfortable symptoms. I'm already taking the suggested oil supplements; Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Borage and Primrose.

In reality, I've had many of the symptoms for years, I just never tied them together (or held steadfast to denial!) and apparently my doctor, dentist and opthamologist haven't connected the dots either.

One of my sisters was diagnosed with lupus years ago, and my mom mentioned another relative has raynaud's, so it appears there is an autoimmune disorder in the genes.
Sure hope you're wrong about this ...hugs to you, hon.