Old 04-26-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Odelle

Good morning Jannies.

Delilah, you really are a great mom! I remember when my children went through that sensitive age (13-15), I tried very hard to get them to speak with a counselor, but they refused. I even put a magnet on the refrigerator with the employee assistance phone numbers clearly listed, and explained that it would be completely confidential. They both made it through and are well adjusted, but it does show that you are a positive influence for your daughter!

The new job is going well, with a few more weeks of training ahead of me. I like the company's mission and values, and the employee morale is very upbeat and positive!

Thank you for the book recommendation, Bandi, I need to start reading again and I've added it my list.

I too am a big fan of supplements, having used herbs and vitamins for decades. I took 5HPT in the past, with no noticeable results, but Sam-E and Rhodiola have worked well for me.

Regarding my previous post regarding allergy symptoms of a sore throat and hoarseness, it seems to be sporadic lately, and I'm beginning to think that it's a progression of symptoms tied to Sjogren's Syndrom, an autoimmune disorder. I was diagnosed with Aide's Pupil Eye Syndrom around 10 years ago (one pupil much larger than the other - more noticeable in direct sunlight), which was backed by lack of normal reflex testing as a child (tapping knee). The dry-eye syndrome label was added 5 years ago. The dry skin and sore throat started earlier this year. No, I'm not being paranoid in self-diagnosing, I read up about Adie's eye years ago, and that it was often tied to Sjogren's Syndrom. I'll follow-up by requesting further testing, but even with a firm diagnosis, there is no cure, only learning to live with the uncomfortable symptoms. I'm already taking the suggested oil supplements; Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Borage and Primrose.

In reality, I've had many of the symptoms for years, I just never tied them together (or held steadfast to denial!) and apparently my doctor, dentist and opthamologist haven't connected the dots either.

One of my sisters was diagnosed with lupus years ago, and my mom mentioned another relative has raynaud's, so it appears there is an autoimmune disorder in the genes.

Well, that's all I have time for this morning, I'll check in this evening.

Oh, Marcia, I find the almond butter much lower in sugar and carbs than the typical hazelnut/peanut butter spreads (Justin's brand), without compromising taste and flavor. Just a nice "healthier" treat that I'll resume, since the almond allergy was wishful thinking....