View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 10:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Delizadee

If you are against recovery groups or at least agree with a written sentiment to stay away from the recovery movement, then why are you here in a recovery forum, 4 years sober reminding us we are all here because we are shite?
What do you even have to gain from this thread?
Do you really feel so base that you must build yourself up by reminding those who are downtrodden that they are among the muck for their choices?
I do not even understand this thread or why anyone is indulging it. I'm sure most of us who've dragged our sorry behinds here know very well the effects our drinking has had and that it all boils down to our own choice.

Seems to me you need to take log out of your own eye before pointing out everyone else's splinters.

Or at least maybe a brush up on kindness and basic human decency my do your soul and those you are acquainted with some good.

I'm sorry if you're hurting in some way, and if there's anything we can do to help let us know.
It's what we're here for. If you're here just to provoke a reaction then I'm afraid you need some help of a different kind.
Just glad to hear you're sober. But seriously... *face palm* to your post. How disheartening.

You're not the antichrist but I have serious doubts as to your happiness in sobriety. It's these types of posts that give me the impression that a relapse might be on your horizon.
Cause you know... part of being selfish is posting your opinion anonymously on a recovery forum with little to no care for how the newcomers or those struggling may feel seems pretty damn selfish and self-serving to me.

I wish you a step 4 and hope you never relapse. I also hope in recovery I never find an attitude like yours. I'd rather have the poo poo demon.

Sorry! This one really rubbed me the wrong way! I've been hating myself for 2 years. I know how selfish I've been and right now I'm being selfish by indulging myself in responding to this thread. So. Pffffffft :P