Thread: I'm Homesick
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by Jaguar55 View Post
. What I want is for him to stop drinking, work on recovery and for it all to work out with a happy ending. blah blah blah
Sure! That's what we all want out of life. Everything to work out with a happy ending.

Our higher power does give us the path to a happy ending, its just not always the ending we want. Perhaps (no perhaps, it it what it is) your happy ending is getting out of this relationship, and moving on with life.

It may help you to write down the negatives of this relationship and refer to it when you go to this^^^ mindset. Here are a few based on your posts

1) Is your BF showing ANY signs of wanting to be sober? NO
2) Has the relationship been mostly happy as opposed to mostly sad? NO
3) Has your BF physically, sexually, emotionally and verbally abused you? YES
4) Have you suffered physically, and emotionally due to the relationship? YES
5) How long was your BF a good partner as opposed to a Bad Partner? 6 month good/12 years Bad.

Its been many a person who has wasted their life based on "What if" and hope that things would change. What if I buy a lottery ticket today and win 200 million? That's more probable than what you wish would happen with your BF. We can't live our lives based on "what IF's" we have to live based on "what IS". You are doing great...keep it up.